Monday, April 20, 2009

Wish I could take her hurt away

I woke up today feeling rather upset. I should have a more reasonable excuse but I don't. It wasn't me who was hurt. It was my daughter. She is 15 and has been talking to then dating a boy for nearly 3 years. He usually acts like a great kid and with some of the idiots I have met her age I am quite fond of him. Every few months he has an episode where he will just hurt her to the point of her breaking down. It happened again last night after 3 months and I just don't know what I can do. I tried just telling her I am putting my foot down and making them stop seeing each other but I know her and I know she will see him somehow. I have had talks with this young man and even argued with him but he just doesn't stop these outbursts. Last night she was so upset over the way he acted in front of a group of his friends that she nearly had a nervous breakdown. He came over and calmed her down but I stood there and cried and held her because I don't know what else I can do.
I don't want to forbid her from seeing him and then find out in a few months that she went out and got pregnant so that he could be in his life.

Being a mom is so rewarding and I love it more than anything however watching your child hurt about anything is just soul wrenching.

3 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, Kristy, I wish I had some genius words of wisdom for you but I'm still trying to figure out how to best handle a toddler's hurt feelings when someone is a "meanie" at the playground!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol gosh bless your heart. Trust me it gets A LOT worse =[

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have raised 3 girls and had a ministry of 35 girls all teen for over 5 years. I told them when this happen that only God can change him. It is best to walk away from this relationship and seek the one that God has plan for you. I did forbid my daughter once from seeing a boy and when she got over the first impact of that she told me it was the best thing I could have done. She was glad that I did.
    God will blessed them with a loving relationship. He will put them in one that is of Him if you ask. You take this as a trial. At 15 they are too young and immature to make sound decisions about their relationships.Being a parent is hard work but she is blessed to have a parent that loves her and feels her pain.
    If you stick your hand in a fire, you get burned. So you learn not to stick your hand in the fire becuase it will happen again.
    I never let my girls date till after 16. So you are in a different situation than I was.
    I just told my 3 and the 35, when you are ready God will send that perfect one to be with you. I have girls now that are waiting and trusting God to send him. It is so awesome to see their faith and patience.

    ReplyDelete