Monday, March 16, 2009

Blood Pressure

One of the reasons that I began this journey was my fear of death. I had been having chest pains every single day and was even scared to go to sleep afraid I would not wake up the next morning. I had stopped at wal-mart one evening and had a headache so I decided to take my blood pressure. 149/94 ummm WHAT? I thought to myself well it is just stress so I decided to take it the next time I was there a few days later 153/92 um uh-o. I continued this up until about 2 weeks after I began working out and every single time it showed me borderline or in the high range. I didn't take one normal pressure in over 6 weeks. I had already had 2 mild cardiac episodes and 3 blood clots in my lungs so this had me scared to death. I began taking aspirin every morning. I am not the most religious person in the world but I will tell you I prayed for God to allow me here to take care of my children. I mean after being told I should be dead several times I felt I had a purpose.

I have been working out pretty hard for almost 6 weeks. Yesterday I again went past the BP machine and sat down nervously. Folks it was 128/69
Almost a perfect pressure. Now, I don't want to get overly excited but this is the first normal pressure I had seen in MONTHS.
I cannot tell you how proud of myself I am right now.
I feel better. I will look better. My clothes are fitting better, and I am in an all around better mood. I am more active around my home and with my pets and children.

I am feeling this after 5 weeks and 11 pounds. I am smiling and looking in the future for the 1st time visualizing me fit and healthy because I know I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment