Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Discrimination

Current mood: amused I have been battling my weight for over 15 years and I am sure more than once people have said things about me and up until today I can say that if they have it wasn't to my face or so evident.

I was coming home from taking my husband to work. I travel the interstate. Now, I must say I am one of those drivers that does the speed limit. I do NOT speed. I do not get close up to other cars. In other words my driving record is perfect for a reason. I was doing 70 mph and got into the slow lane well a minute later I noticed a car in the passing lane next to me trying to get my attention. I looked over and a older man in his 40's or 50's was beside me giving me the finger. I have no clue why! Then when I was trying to ask him why he rolled down his window puffed his cheeks out to imitate a fat person and called me a cow among other things.

You know I can sit and say it doesn't bother me all I want but it does. It bothers me because this person doesn't know the health problems I have been through or that I was gang raped the year I started gaining weight. He judged me based on the outside and for what? I guess I wasn't going fast enough for him.

It amazes me that people are so mean and so cruel.
At the same time I hope I run into this person at some later point when I have lost the weight.

So mr. gray alero license plate beginning with maryland LPD
thanks for providing more motivation
and reminding me what a good person I am compared to some of the asses in this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment