Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Rambling

I am finally taking a morning off. I have been working pretty hard the past 5 days and my body is telling me it needs a rest. I am going to do a cardio dvd at home and then walk 2.5 miles this evening. I have been burning about 750-800 calories in the 2 workouts I have been doing.

I heard on the biggest loser that they burn about 10,000 calories a day. WOW!
That show has been such an inspiration to me. I can relate with so many of their stories. The big dinners during the holidays, but what I don't get is the underlying reasons they eat. I mean, how about just because it tastes good.

I am not a huge eater but my problem is activity and fast food. I can tell you that both things have changed tremendously for me. I haven't ate fast food in nearly a month and I have been working out for a week. I know, not long but you have to start somewhere. I haven't weighed myself in about 2 weeks and I don't plan on it for at least another week. I think in so many weighs the scale can be your enemy. It can tell you that you have poured your heart and soul into your goals but shatter your confidence in a matter of a few seconds. Not to mention no woman should ever weigh herself while she is how shall I say.... "in the mist of hell week." LOL.

In case you are wondering if I am taking anything. The answer is no not at this time. I take a supplement that helps with heart function and an aspirin. Remember the reason I started this is the constant chest pains and numbness in my fingers which I still do have. It's not all about the physical changes for me. It's about wanting to live and not having to be scared about going to sleep at night because you are nervous if you are going to wake up in the morning and the thoughts of your children finding you dead.

I am thinking of turning my blogs into videos at some point but we will see.
I am working on my own website that will have tons of information.
That is a work in progress. Keep checking back.

Wish me luck for my weigh in next week.
Then after I will weigh in weekly with the exception of "hell week" lol.

Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment